5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 1:50 PM by nick

Guest Users- Auto deletion

dalicea New Member

I was under the impression that guest users that are created in the system, if no one logs into them, they would be removed (auto-magically) from the system after 8 days. Is this not correct and guest users accounts not used have to manually be deleted? I created 14 users for an event on 2013-10-17 13:38:14 and they still appear in the system (the expiration is 1440 minutes after login).

• Re: Guest Users- Auto deletion
          nick Employee

dalicea

It appears you are referring to an Internal User and not a Guest user in vWLAN 2.3.0.9, correct?  The reason I say that is because of the expiration time given (1440 minutes).  This expiration time is configured when creating an Internal User (see below).  The user will expire on the date specified or after the total amount of time configured has been reached.

InternalUser.jpg

When creating a guest user, you must select a predefined plan.  That user will then expire after the amount of time configured (minute, hour, day, week, month) has been reached. You can specify the "Cleanup Time" for the user in the plan itself (see below). This configurable refers to the number of days before an account is removed if unused.

GuestPlan.jpg

dalicea New Member

No, the accounts I am referring to are created by Lobby Admins under the Guest Users page.

I am currently looking at an account that was created on the 25th of October. The cleanup time for unused accounts is set to 8 days for the only plan they have access to. The account Expiry duration is 10080 minutes (7days). This account should have been removed by now, either by the cleanup time on the plan or the expiry time, correct?

I also have a group of 14 accounts I created on the 17th of October with the same plan that has unused accounts to be cleaned up after 8 days. Those accounts expiry time is 1440 minutes (which is 1 day chosen on the daily plan slider 1-31 days).

All accounts were created under the Guest Users page.

nick Employee

dalicea

My apologies for the misunderstanding.  You are correct when you state the user created on October 25th with the expiry duration of 7 days should have expired by now, provided the time is correct on the vWLAN.  This user should have be cleaned up after 7 days of the user first logging in with the account or if left unused, after 8 days.  Would you mind confirming the time on the vWLAN is correct?  If so, I feel this particular situation would be better handled in a support ticket.   If you open a ticket please come back to this thread after it is resolved to post the solution so others can benefit from it.  You can create one using any of the methods listed below.  Please reference the URL of this thread when opening the ticket to help provide background information to our support team.

- Open a webticket by clicking on this link: Create a Service Request

- Open a ticket by emailing support@adtran.com

- Open a ticket by phone by calling 1-888-423-8726

nick Employee

dalicea

This was fixed in vPatch 2-3-0-09-4.

nick Employee

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.