cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlw
New Contributor

Netvanta 1224st

Jump to solution

I have a Netvanta 1224st switch that I would like to put in the stack and use for VOIP. With the last firmware update I have which is 13.15.00 I get no options for switch port voice vlan or voice-signaling. The two settings I need to setup on each ethernet port are:

switchport voice vlan 200

switchport voice-signaling vlan 200 cos 3 dscp 41

If I put a port in trunk mode to access both vlan 1 and vlan 200 I get the data side but nothing on the voice side. Can someone give me another option to setup and make both vlans work on this switch?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 1224st

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Unfortunately, the 'switchport voice' commands were introduced as part of the LLDP-MED feature set in AOS 17.02 and are not supported on the 1224 series switches. You should be able to get your PC working behind your phone that is plugged into the 1224ST by setting the switchport to trunk mode. It is also important to specify the data vlan as the native vlan. The native vlan on AOS switches is vlan 1 by default.

I would be more than happy to review your configuration. Please remember to remove any sensitive information. You said the voice doesn't seem to work when you set the port to trunk mode. Can you specify what exactly you are seeing when this happens?

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Unfortunately, the 'switchport voice' commands were introduced as part of the LLDP-MED feature set in AOS 17.02 and are not supported on the 1224 series switches. You should be able to get your PC working behind your phone that is plugged into the 1224ST by setting the switchport to trunk mode. It is also important to specify the data vlan as the native vlan. The native vlan on AOS switches is vlan 1 by default.

I would be more than happy to review your configuration. Please remember to remove any sensitive information. You said the voice doesn't seem to work when you set the port to trunk mode. Can you specify what exactly you are seeing when this happens?

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor