cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sc08
New Contributor

3200 Admin port access?

Have tried to connect laptop direct to admin port on 3200 but no luck.

Admin port is defined with default 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 and show as UP when laptop connected.

Cannot however ping or https to 10.1.1.1. If serial console at same time when Admin port cable is removed and connected shows below error

e1000: eth3: e1000_watchdog@ GIG speed: but still disabling TSO

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3200 Admin port access?

Would you mind confirming that you have statically assigned your computer an IP address within the same subnet as the Admin Interface?  Would you also please confirm the Admin Port’s IP address (option 2, ifconfig) from the Console Menu?  Moreover, what type of Ethernet cable are you using?  You should be able to ping the admin interface even if the "Deny admin functionality from this interface" is checked. When you connect/disconnect the Ethernet cable you should see something similar to the following:

e1000: eth3: e1000_watchdog: NIC Link is Down

e1000: eth3: e1000_watchdog: NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex

e1000: eth3: e1000_watchdog: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO

Have you tried to connect to any of the other Interfaces (i.e., protected or managed)?

sc08
New Contributor

nick,

IP I used was 10.1.1.2 & 10.1.1.3 255.255.255.0, admin port ip was 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 checked from console. Tried both straight and xover cable.no ping reply (did check firewall was off on laptop)

When I disconnected I did see exactly your detail above.

protected and managed interface are both connected and in use (have been for some time, I'm just trying to possibly setup admin port, as currently BSC is accessed via protected interface and web refresh slow)

Thing that struck me was that in routing table no reference to 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 out of Admin Port dynamically input ( I even tried adding static route to it)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your settings appear to be fine.  As long as the Admin Interface is not disabled, you should be able to ping the interface.  Did you happen to take a packet capture on the Admin Interface when trying to ping the interface from the client (Status > Diagnostics> Traffic Capture)?  The BSC Web UI is served off of the same port, so it will not matter what interface you access it from. I would ensure you have BSC firmware 6.5.1.03 (Maintenance > Upgrade) and are running Bluepatch 1 (Maintenance > Patch).  I would also confirm that the "Seconds a client is allowed to hold the web server" under General > HTTP is set to 10 seconds.  We recommend keeping the value at 10 seconds expect for when you obtain a show tech or backup config.  This will enhance the responsiveness of the Web UI.  If you created a static route (Network > Routing Table > Create > Static Route Entry) and select Admin from the interface drop-down, you should see a route in the routing table after restarting the required processes, otherwise you will not see a route.

Nick

sc08
New Contributor

nick, thank you, the web UI for Admin access is very slow indeed to the point of painful. It is very lightly used in terms of users (less than 30) and CPU which has us scratching our heads.

All the above is set as you describe, except for no Patch Bluepatch1, will look into applying this.

I think the Admin port is another issue tried continuous ping again to it no reply, packet capture just showed my laptop broadcasting for the IP 10.1.1.0 but never getting another response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This particular situation would be better handled in a support ticket.   If you open a ticket please come back to this thread after it is resolved to post the solution so others can benefit from it.  You can create one using any of the methods listed below.  Please reference the URL of this thread when opening the ticket to help provide background information to our support team.

- Open a webticket by clicking on this link: Create a Service Request

- Open a ticket by emailing support@adtran.com

- Open a ticket by phone by calling 1-888-423-8726

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.