Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank6160
Contributor
Contributor

Key system functionality with PRI

Jump to solution

Have a customer that recently went from a standard key system with analog trunks to the 7100 with a PRI.  They would like to emulate key system operation with the PRI. Basically put 4 or 5 buttons on sets and have calls ring to these buttons as line 1,2 3 ... Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Key system functionality with PRI

Jump to solution

Very Easy, It is called Shared Call Appearance (SCA) which are shared line accounts (SLAs) that can appear on multiple IP phones for small office environments. They operate in the same way as SLAs, but unlike SLAs, they are not tied to a trunk for operation, and can be dialed like any other user extension. You can create SCA for PRI or SIP DIDs.

SCAs are configured just like SLAs, but not associated with an analog trunk. SCAs enhance SLA configuration by allowing dialable extensions that can be called from any other endpoint, and by providing the ability to transfer calls and to have calls transferred to them. SCAs are configured by the system administrator who is responsible for adding, removing, and modifying the SCA configurations for IP phone system users.

Configuration Guide is located here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2333

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Very Easy, It is called Shared Call Appearance (SCA) which are shared line accounts (SLAs) that can appear on multiple IP phones for small office environments. They operate in the same way as SLAs, but unlike SLAs, they are not tied to a trunk for operation, and can be dialed like any other user extension. You can create SCA for PRI or SIP DIDs.

SCAs are configured just like SLAs, but not associated with an analog trunk. SCAs enhance SLA configuration by allowing dialable extensions that can be called from any other endpoint, and by providing the ability to transfer calls and to have calls transferred to them. SCAs are configured by the system administrator who is responsible for adding, removing, and modifying the SCA configurations for IP phone system users.

Configuration Guide is located here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2333

-Mark

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks. Got that.

How do I get the calls to ring to these lines in a sequential order?  (Line 1 first if busy line 2 if busy line 3)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I assume the customers are going to be calling one phone number which will be line 1. Then set the call behavior of line 1 to go to phone number of line 2. Then call coverage of line 2 to go to phone number of line 3. Then have call coverage of line 3 to do whatever you want if no answer like auto attendant or voicemail of a virtual user.

If you need more detailed steps let me know or if your process is different please give more detailed info of what your application is.

-Mark

Jump to solution

Thanks Mark.

I was thinking that would be the way but wasn't sure.

Jump to solution

Is there a way to control what phones ring on these lines. Adtran 712 sets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Frank,

This can easily be done if you had a Polycom by using Ring Options. (Go to Voice / System Setup / Ring Options)

With the IP 700 series phones it can’t be done just for the SCA line.

The only thing you can do is silence all incoming calls from Internal or External calls for all lines on that phone.

See guide:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2939

This is a way to change the ring tone for each line on your phone using HMR rules but I can’t figure out how to silence the ring using HMR.

Guide: https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-6062

-Mark

Jump to solution

OK so I set this up in office with customer database. Using a PRI test set I can call in to the SCA lines but can only put the call on hold no transfer or park. The same thing from an analog set connected to FXS port. I can call sets prime extension and park and transfer works, it's only when I dial to SCA that do I not have ability to park or transfer call.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

What firmware r u running?

-Mark

Jump to solution

10.9.2.E -  system firmware,

1.3.12    - IP 712 firmware

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Frank,

Yes with SLA and SCA you can’t do park/pickup between these and extensions but we have added ways of accomplishing this. If you put the SCA line on hold and let’s say the SCA number is 5099. Then from any extension phone you can dial *785099 and pickup the call. That is a new feature called Held Call Pickup, You can do that for any extension. For SLA lines there is a specific Held Call Pickup number you assign to it.

Regarding transfer I was able to get it to work. I called into the SCA, answered it on my 712 phone by pushing the SCA button, then I hit the Transfer button on the side of the phone under the blue message button, then I hit the blind soft button that you see on the screen and entered the extension of the phone I wanted it to go to and it worked fine.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Frank,

One more thing that Matt caught. You need to upgrade your phone firmware to 2.4.1. 2.3.0 is the minimum required phone firmware but there were several SLA/SCA fixes in 2.4.1.

You can get that here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/community/ip-phones/ip-700-series/software

Upgrade Directions:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2943

-Mark

Jump to solution

Any particular model of Polycom set?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just wanted to link this thread that answered the question on Polycom Ring Options compatibility:

PolyCom Sets Ringing