2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 2:02 PM by paulab

You never get a second chance to make a first impression....

Adtran's first impression was horrible..

First I had to register hardware I manage but do not own, just to download a manual that contains ZERO proprietary information about the hardware and software related to the product....

Then I get LOADS of what I consider SPAM about Adtran products I care nothing about...

There is no easily locatable way to have my account removed...

I have moved on to another company and no longer wish to get updates for hardware I do not own....

In fact, Adtran has left such a sour taste in my mouth from their horrible site and policies, I will NEVER allow any ADTRAN hardware to be included in future radio studio builds or upgrades.

There are plenty of other vendors who's hardware and support sites are not a major pain to use.

If I order a T1 for someone, I will choose another provider before selecting one that intends to supply any ADTRAN product.

That is how bad my experience was.

I have already changed my phone number, and I will be blocking any further E-Mail contact from ADTRAN addresses, since I am sure the user-preferences!input.jspa page won't stop all mail from ADTRAN...

Might as well remove my account and forget I ever asked for help with what turned out to be a product that was found defective on install... how could that make it out of the factory defective????

ADTRAN will never get a second chance to make a first impression....

Consider adding an easy to find "close account" button in the user prefs panel...  better to let someone leave easily than to wait for things to get ugly.

Also, there should be an easy to find link to the user prefs panel from the "Manage my profile" page.... instead of forcing people to use the link at the bottom of support emails...

What I am saying is, make the site USER FRIENDLY, and relax the uptight policies that prohibit downloading user manuals without an account that requires a hardware serial number to be registered.... (Some of us use the hardware, but don't actually own it)

From all of the other posts about the horrible site and difficulty finding things, I understand this feedback page is not taken seriously, or something would have been done years ago... it is here to make people feel better for getting a chance to whine... too bad this company doesn't actually care enough to fix the site and insane policies on non-sensitive downloads...

Oh well, I won't have to deal with ADTRAN again.... which makes their job easier now... one less person to need help.  (One less person who can now relate true experiences with ADTRAN in other public forums and in personal recommendations to others looking for new hardware)

That's what they get for treating us like we just don't matter...  I know ADTRAN is big enough to hire a web programmer to FIX their ill site.

Will they?

Maybe in a few more years... maybe

• Re: You never get a second chance to make a first impression....
          cj! Beta_User

Sorry, bdengineering--I'm sure this reply will generate more ADTRAN-related email activity for you.    I don't know anything about your situation other than your post here, and any large company can have unfortunate examples of poor customer service or technical support.  If this was truly the case, then shame on them.  But the specific points you detailed seem nothing like this company.  Anyone can download manuals without login.  Product updates via email are a common thing, but you can unsubscribe without too much difficulty.  ADTRAN is full of bright people who love to help (and many even have an inviting, hospitable southern drawl!).

I find this support site very intuitive and easy to get around.  But maybe I use products that are better documented at this time, I don't know.

CJ

• Re: You never get a second chance to make a first impression....
            paulab Employee

bdengineering,

We are sorry you did not have a good experience.  We will consider your constructive comments as we continue to improve the support community.  As you requested, we have deleted your account.  Just to clarify a couple of things: the User Preferences page controls your e-mail settings for everything except any areas, pieces of content, or other users where you explicitly clicked "Receive email notifications". Most of the different profile settings are detailed in our Help section.