Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TCL Scripting to automate configuration TFTP backups

Jump to solution

All,

I have found the following post on the topic   and done some testing with the TCL.  I can get a simple command to work with the "cli do" syntax, but not a command that requires user input. I would like to be able to run "copy run tftp" and then input an IP and filename.  I know with cisco you can put "copy run tftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/filename" but I have not found this to work with adtran unless I am using it wrong.

Can someone assist me with creating a TCL script to accomplish this.  I only need it to to do the following:

copy running-config tftp

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Where xxx = IP)

filename

I can then figure out how to put this on a track, but I need to know how to write a TCL script that I can input a variable into for the IP and filename without user interaction.

Thanks for any help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TCL Scripting to automate configuration TFTP backups

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  ADTRAN Technical Support doesn't provide assistance for TCL scripts, but there is a guide on the topic (which also provides links to additional recourses): 

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  ADTRAN Technical Support doesn't provide assistance for TCL scripts, but there is a guide on the topic (which also provides links to additional recourses): 

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor