cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstrawser
New Contributor

Using Fiber to connect two Adtran 1234P's together. Question on speeds.

Jump to solution

Hello, we have a couple Netvanta 1234P's and I was looking to get a couple Fiber LC to SC connectors in the G3 and G4 ports of each and setting up a port channel and bundling them together. Since these say they are gig ports in the AOS, does that mean they will max at 1GB each for a total of 2GB?  I hope I'm asking this correctly.  Is there a limit on each of those G1-4 ports?

Below is the exact fiber cables that may be used.

3m LC-SC 62.5/125 OM1 Duplex Multimode Fiber Optic Cable (TAA Compliant) - Orange

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Fiber to connect two Adtran 1234P's together. Question on speeds.

Jump to solution

You would normally get 2gb when you bond two ports together. I'd need to go back and check but I think the adtran allows up to 6 or 8 ports in a port channel so you should be fine with all 4 fiber ports. They do have a module that supports 2.5gb so you would get 5gb of bandwidth if you bonded them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You would normally get 2gb when you bond two ports together. I'd need to go back and check but I think the adtran allows up to 6 or 8 ports in a port channel so you should be fine with all 4 fiber ports. They do have a module that supports 2.5gb so you would get 5gb of bandwidth if you bonded them.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor