cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpruder
New Contributor

PRI to Feature Group D Conversion

Jump to solution

I believe that the 904 will do this like the Atlas 550. Can anyone verify this?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRI to Feature Group D Conversion

Jump to solution

, the Regular TA 900 Series gateways will not support this as only one of the T1 interfaces on a TA 904 (or any TA900 Series gateway) can support a voice T1. A TA900e Series (908e with a single DSP is the smallest, least expensive build) will work using T1 0/3 and T1 0/4 as the TDM voice interfaces but this is not the intended design of the 900e so it's never been tested and approved. The ATLAS Is still ADTRANs recommended and supported solution for PRI to T1 conversion.

Hope this helps.

-Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

, the Regular TA 900 Series gateways will not support this as only one of the T1 interfaces on a TA 904 (or any TA900 Series gateway) can support a voice T1. A TA900e Series (908e with a single DSP is the smallest, least expensive build) will work using T1 0/3 and T1 0/4 as the TDM voice interfaces but this is not the intended design of the 900e so it's never been tested and approved. The ATLAS Is still ADTRANs recommended and supported solution for PRI to T1 conversion.

Hope this helps.

-Andy

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello John,

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.

Regards,

Geoff

jpruder
New Contributor

Jump to solution

I actually tested this on my bench and it did function as I thought it would. Yes it would still be an unsupported apllication.