cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glutenfreegary
New Contributor

Read Only Access for 3448 GUI - Monitoring Tools for Top Talkers

Jump to solution

I've got a Adtran 3448 deployed for a client who is clearly saturating their T1. It's pretty clearly a couple devices that are streaming or doing other stuff like that. Is there any way I can give him access to the GUI "Top Talkers" monitoring tool, without giving him the ability to make any config changes while he's in the GUI? I've already got it set to show me the stats on the desired VLAN interface.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Read Only Access for 3448 GUI - Monitoring Tools for Top Talkers

Jump to solution

Hi glutenfreegary:

Thanks for posting your question in the ADTRAN Support Community!  I'm not sure you can setup this kind of granular control for the GUI.  I see a recently-posted article about that may be helpful.  CLI output for ip flow top-talkers is very concise, actually.  Maybe not as slick for user-types though.

Perhaps SNMP is a good option if you have a monitoring solution that can export graphs or reports on a schedule.

If anyone knows of a way to limit GUI access as glutenfreegary described, I'd love to know too.

Best,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi glutenfreegary:

Thanks for posting your question in the ADTRAN Support Community!  I'm not sure you can setup this kind of granular control for the GUI.  I see a recently-posted article about that may be helpful.  CLI output for ip flow top-talkers is very concise, actually.  Maybe not as slick for user-types though.

Perhaps SNMP is a good option if you have a monitoring solution that can export graphs or reports on a schedule.

If anyone knows of a way to limit GUI access as glutenfreegary described, I'd love to know too.

Best,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

CJ is correct, we have no privilege level access via the GUI, only the CLI.   See Page 2 "Security Recommendation" section of the for more information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

glutenfreegary:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi