cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dayatkins
New Contributor

Netvanta 711 Voicemessage Problem: I have a NV7100 with a dozen or so Polycom 501 phones on the system. All has worked very well except out of nowhere one of the phones has an issue. It will dial out, and inbound calls and can be answered. However, i

Netvanta 711 Voicemessage Problem:  I have a NV7100 with a dozen or so Polycom 501 phones on the system.  All has worked very well except out of nowhere one of the phones has an issue.  It will dial out, and inbound calls and can be answered.   However, if the inbound call is not picked up the caller gets the following message:  "This number is no longer in service.  Please check the number".  Why is this happening?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Netvanta 711 Voicemessage Problem: I have a NV7100 with a dozen or so Polycom 501 phones on the system. All has worked very well except out of nowhere one of the phones has an issue. It will dial out, and inbound calls and can be answered. Howeve

Check to see if there is call-forward-no-answer configured for that user and pointed to a non-working number.

Re: Netvanta 711 Voicemessage Problem:  I have a NV7100 with a dozen or so Polycom 501 phones on the system.  All has worked very well except out of nowhere one of the phones has an issue.  It will dial out, and inbound calls and can be answered.   Howeve

Thanks JayH.  I checked that to no avail.  I did, however, discover that once the phoneset was disconnected the problem was resolved and the call went directly to vm.  I programmed another phone for that extension and the problem was resolved.   I'm assuming the phoneset has a problem.  I performed a reset using 468* but it did not help.  Do you know if there is a more extensive method available to initialize the phone or wipe it clean and perform a reinstall of the OS?