cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crennie
New Contributor

What is the procedure for addin Auxiliary power supplies into an Atlas 830, are they hot swapable or should I power down the unit to install them? anything to be completed in the firmware?

What is the procedure for addin Auxiliary power supplies into an Atlas 830, are they hot swapable or should I power down the unit to install them? anything to be completed in the firmware?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the procedure for addin Auxiliary power supplies into an Atlas 830, are they hot swapable or should I power down the unit to install them? anything to be completed in the firmware?

Hello, and thank you for using the ADTRAN community support forums.

If you are asking about the ATLAS Redundtant AC Power Supply (PN: 1200220L1) which uses slots 7 & 8 in the chassis, then it can be installed with the chassis powered up. If you do this, I suggest inserting the module and tightening it down before connecting the power cord, but the main power supply does not have to be powered off.

If you are talking about a spare Main Power Supply (PN: 1200224L1) then the chassis can only have one main power supply installed at a time. There is no room for another.

Hope this helps,

Patrick