cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codyxk9
New Contributor

T1 interface is showing that its receiving T1 signal, however I cant establish PPP. LCP BCP and IPCP are down. Im attempting to run test and tune up with my ISP.

Please excuse the lack of knowledge that I have about this subject, this is my first venture into configuring a T1 modem. I am attempting to run test and turn up with my ISP. Upon establishing connection he noted that the physical layer was there and could see my 600R but the layer 2 was down. He said it may be the wiring but i switched to different cables numerous times (using a straight through right now). I will give as much info as possible in hopes someone can help. If anything seems off about what I have already set up please let me know, because more than likely i may be unaware of a simple mistake I made.

from the demarc (adtran datapackage, transceiver card ) I have a rj48 running to the network port on the TA 600R - this has green lights on the  WAN.

The T1 interface shows a Rx level 2db to -7.5db - so the T1 signal IS getting to the modem.

Timing Mode - network

format - ESF

Line Code - B8ZS

CSU Lpbk - enable

rx sensitivity - auto

no current alarms

under L2 Protocol the T1 interface is set to PPP. Under config the PPP mode is set to route IP. The status shows LCP, BCP, IPCP all down, and shows the Tx of pkts and bytes but no Rx.

Ive been given configuration details from the ISP which most are applied. The two I am unsure of are (what they call) IP Classless - set to global configuration and Port Base Rate - 64k. With that said, I was also given an AR Serial INT IPv4 Address, a CR Serial INT IPv4 Address, and a WAN link subnet mask. Unfortunately i am unsure of where these are supposed to be applied because theres about 100 places they can go.

Again, I understand this is bare minimum basics, but I would really appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: T1 interface is showing that its receiving T1 signal, however I cant establish PPP. LCP BCP and IPCP are down. Im attempting to run test and tune up with my ISP.

Off-hand, it sounds like your TA600R and the SIP are set up for different bandwidth. Does your TA have a menu option for "DS0 Maps"? If it does then go into "Edit/View Map1" area and see if the correct channels are mapped to the "TA IAD" or "TA600R". The default configuration only has DS0 24 mapped, so if you have a full T1 then you will have to map DS0s 1-23.

The IP addresses and subnet masks can be configured under Router > Config > Interfaces. You should see both the Ethernet interface as well as the T1 Interface, which should indicate it is PPP.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the terms "AR Serial" and "CR Serial" so I don't know which interface should be configured with them. The PPP interface is your WAN (wide area network) interface, though.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

codyxk9
New Contributor

Re: T1 interface is showing that its receiving T1 signal, however I cant establish PPP. LCP BCP and IPCP are down. Im attempting to run test and tune up with my ISP.

It did help thank you. Unfortunately not much of a change, however I am one step closer to what needs to be accomplished. As silly as this may sound there are two types of configurations for the 600r, remote and host router - which to some extent I assumed I was the remote router considering the ISP was accessing me, but I may be wrong. I've done both configs to no avail. With that said, does the Test and Turn up test from the ISP have to be active for me to see if PPP can be established or is this something I can know before hand? I've followed the config guide for the TA IAD, but still nothing - im assuming this is human error on my part.

T1 interface is configured to PPP, BZ8S, ESF, timing mode is Network, with no alarms and all values are 0 under status>performance> current and totals (which I was told was a good thing)

DS0 are mapped 1-24 at TA-IAD and router 64k

Router> T1 interface has Local ip address and Far End ip address inputted per ISP info, the WAN IPv4 addresses that were given to be specific. (however given the use of CR Serial INt and AR Serial INT, these could be backwards). Along with ip netmask set as WAN Link Subnetmask per ISP info.

Router> Ethernet Interface> primary ip is set given IP address by ISP.

Hopefully I'll be getting a call back from Adtran or AT&T - one of the two would be great. Again thank you for your response, its much appreciated.