cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I configure a 1335 to support a primary broadband internet circuit that is non-static?

I want to configure a 1335 for a small office environment and their only internet pipe is a broadband cable connection that is non-static.

Our experience has been that once a router at this location is installed, the IP address stays the same, but it is not static.

Am I able to configure the 1335 to use a non-static internet as a primary internet source?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I configure a 1335 to support a primary broadband internet circuit that is non-static?

Peter,

Yes, you should be able to do this. You can configure the vlan interface to learn its IP using DHCP. You will simply need to assign a port to the vlan for which you created an interface for. This port will be the interface you plug the internet connection to. The following document explains how this can be configured: Configuring Ethernet Broadband Internet Access in AOS Integrated Switch_Router Products

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

Re: Can I configure a 1335 to support a primary broadband internet circuit that is non-static?

I tried the insctructions in the document but my 1335 would not get an IP from my Thompson modem provided by Mediacom.