cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billphx
New Contributor

How to block international calling except certain countries

We are using an Atlas 800 to share (3) network PRI's between 6-8 different devices (user PRI)

Right now, the network term Out#Accept is set to $, Out#Rej is blank.

I would like to set up a rule so that only certain countries can be dialed internationally out the network term PRI circuits.

Example:

01131.... accept

01144.... accept

011anything else: reject

Possible?

Could I do something like

a) Setting the network term Out#Accept to 01131, 01141, $ and setting Out#Rej to 011

or

b) Setting the network term Out#Accept to 01131, 01141, $ and setting an unused user term In#Accept to 011

Is there a wildcard that can be used for unknown number of digits following a prefix?

Any other suggestions?

thanks

bill

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to block international calling except certain countries

Thank you for your question.

The "$" is used to indicate an unknown number of digits. So for international numbers you can use "011$" so if the number starts with "011" and is followed by any number of additional digits it matches.

The problem I see is that if you put "011$" in the OUT#REJECT then all international calls will be rejected (even if you specify other patterns in the OUT#ACCEPT). The OUT#REJECT is matched first, so if a number is rejected it cannot be allowed out the specified interface.

You could remove the "$" from the OUT#ACCEPT and put in "1-NXX-NXX-XXXX" for long distance, "0-NXX-NXX-XXXX" for toll free, and then specify the international prefixes you want to allow, such as "011-31$" and "011-41$" etc. You should also include "411" and "911" and either 7-digit or 10-digit local dialing patterns. This way if the number does not match one of the patterns specified it will be rejected (but may then be routed out a USER TERM if any of those accept "$").

This is the only way I know to allow specific international dialing.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

billphx
New Contributor

Would it work if I put the following in network term Out#Accept:

01131$

01144$

$

Then put the following in an unused user term In#Accept:

011$

What is the search order for pattern matching? ie: Would the 011$ in the In#Accept match for all other 011xxxx and get selected before the $ in the network Out#Accept?

thanks

bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ATLAS does route based on the "most specific match" so your idea should work. International calls starting with "011-31" or "011-44" would go out the NETWORK TERM to the PSTN but any other number starting with "011" would be routed to the specified USER TERM entry (which could be a "dummy" entry so the call immediately gets a busy).

Very good. I overlooked that option.

-Patrick