cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grajek
New Contributor II

LAN Link light is solid Amber. No access past router...

Jump to solution

Unable to see past router, WAN is all green and good to go. Only thing not green is the LAN Link light. Troubleshooting page is clean.

I saw in the documentation this means the unit is in Test. If this is true how to take out of Test. If not true what does this mean and what to look for to resolve the issue?

Thanks

-Grajek

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LAN Link light is solid Amber. No access past router...

Jump to solution

Hi Grajek:

Amber LED should indicate activity.  Green LED indicates link status.  I think it is normal to see the light flash between green and amber to indicate traffic activity.  Solid amber may indicate excessive traffic on the LAN side (e.g., broadcast or multicast storm, DDoS or other trouble).  However, a very busy (healthy) network may keep the LED amber most of the time.

Do you think there could be trouble on your LAN?  Are you able to isolate/disconnect parts of the network to narrow down, or connect a PC directly to the LAN interface of your router for testing?

Was it working properly and then stopped, or are you setting up a new unit?

Consider posting your config to this thread (remove passwords first) and maybe we can identify an issue.

Best,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Solid Amber LNK light on the LAN interface of a 3200 or 3300 series simply means it is linked at 100Mbps instead of 10.  One would expect the highest speed to be green and a lower speed to be amber, but that's simply not how the light is setup. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Grajek:

Amber LED should indicate activity.  Green LED indicates link status.  I think it is normal to see the light flash between green and amber to indicate traffic activity.  Solid amber may indicate excessive traffic on the LAN side (e.g., broadcast or multicast storm, DDoS or other trouble).  However, a very busy (healthy) network may keep the LED amber most of the time.

Do you think there could be trouble on your LAN?  Are you able to isolate/disconnect parts of the network to narrow down, or connect a PC directly to the LAN interface of your router for testing?

Was it working properly and then stopped, or are you setting up a new unit?

Consider posting your config to this thread (remove passwords first) and maybe we can identify an issue.

Best,

Chris

0 Kudos
grajek
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. My provider and I have determined the problem is with the ckt. They confirmed everything was configured correctly on the router.

Thanks again for the reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Solid Amber LNK light on the LAN interface of a 3200 or 3300 series simply means it is linked at 100Mbps instead of 10.  One would expect the highest speed to be green and a lower speed to be amber, but that's simply not how the light is setup. 

0 Kudos