7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 3:08 PM by digidave

Adtran Utilities 3.0 won't launch on my Windows 7 PC

digidave New Member

I downloaded Adtran Utilities version 3.0 (11/06/2002) but it won't open on my Windows 7 PC. I am trying to save the configuration of the Atlas 550 so I can send the same configuration to multiple Atlas 550 units.

Is there another way to get the syslog application, the telnet client, the VT100 emulator and the TFTP server?

• Re: Adtran Utilities 3.0 won't launch on my Windows 7 PC
          patrick Employee

Yes, the ADTRAN Utilities were written for Windows 95: so it is unlikely it will work on Windows 7.

There's no bundle that has all those application combined (that I'm aware of), but they are all available on the internet. ADTRAN does not recommend any specific applications, but here is what I use:

For telnet and VT100 I use PuTTY - however PuTTY doesn't support an XMODEM file transfer. Other than that it works very well. PuTTY Download Page. Tera Term (Tera Term Open Source Project) works just as well, but I've grown more accustomed to the PuTTY interface.

I actually use TFTP Daemon for both a TFTP Server and a Syslog Server.  TFTP server

So those 4 applications can be covered by 2 programs.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

digidave New Member

Patrick,

You continue to be of such great help. Thanks so much for sharing your

expertise and providing me with answers. More questions to come!

Kind regards,

Dave

digidave New Member

Patrick,

I downloaded the PuTTY and Tftpd apps and need some guidance as to how

I go about saving the Atlas 550 configuration.

I launched the PuTTY app and specified the destination to connect to

as the IP address I set earlier via my VT100 program and selected the

the Connection type as Telnet. I hit Open and entered the Atlas 550

password. This brought up a screen that is identical to the VT100

screen seen earlier.

So I have both serial and ethernet active connections to the Atlas 550

on 2 different machines. (The VT100 window is on a Mac and the PuTTY

window is on a PC. And changes that I make in the PuTTY window are

reflected in the VT100 window and vice versa.)

Following the directions in the Atlas 550 manual, I entered the local

IP address into the TFTP Server IP Address field.

Then I changed the TFTP Server Filename to a unique filename for

saving the config file to the remote server using the compete

directory path to the file      C:\Users\Dave\Desktop\Atlas550.cfg

Then I moved to the Save Config Remotely field and pressed Enter and

pressed y to confirm. Current Transfer Status shows Download: Copying

Internal Config but Previous Transfer Status shows TFTP Error: File

Access Violation. This occurs quickly.

I must be missing something in the procedure. Any suggestions?

(Also, how does the Tftpd app figure into this?)

Thanks for your help.

Dave