cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vistr
New Contributor

I am not to versed in routers and need help configuring a 3140 on my network with access to Netgear Internet router.

I have a doctors office with two locations.  Cox business has installed a MetroE and high speed internet at both locations.  I will be installing a Windows 2012R2 server to connect several stand-alone computers and tie the two offices together to share one Internet connection.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ciosys
New Contributor II

Re: I am not to versed in routers and need help configuring a 3140 on my network with access to Netgear Internet router.

This is a bit blind leading the blind.  Just set up a system similar to that.  Does your 3140 have the have the option VPN?

Having worked with Netgear routers, it seems that setting up VPNs tend to be hard and their support not very helpful. Things might have changed with Netgear over the past couple of years. I would work on replacing the existing router with an Adtran.  The set up will be much easier, Adtran support is amazing and the hardware much more reliable. 

Re: I am not to versed in routers and need help configuring a 3140 on my network with access to Netgear Internet router.

I'm a little confused.

Do you have MetroE AND High speed internet at both locations?

Or is the MetroE your high speed internet?

vistr
New Contributor

Both locations will have a 20MB MetroE and high speed Internet.  Since both locations are up and running with Stand-alone computers they need access to the internet now.  However once I install the routers for the MetroE both sites will use the Internet from the main office, which is a faster connection.  Shortly after I will be adding a third location and I will disconnect the Internet at the other two locations, keeping the Internet at the main location.  Did you get the attachment I added to this post? If not I can try to attach it again as includes more detail.

vistr
New Contributor

It does have a VPN option and I will be replacing the Netgear with a Meraki in combination with the Adtran router.  I am a little confused about the Adtran support.  Don't you have to pay extra for the support I am asking for or is that included with the purchase. Both locations will have a 20MB MetroE and high speed Internet.  Since both locations are up and running with Stand-alone computers they need access to the internet now.  However once I install the routers for the MetroE both sites will use the Internet from the main office, which is a faster connection.  Shortly after I will be adding a third location and I will disconnect the Internet at the other two locations, keeping the Internet at the main location.  Did you get the attachment I added to this post? If not I can try to attach it again as includes more detail.