Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emulator
New Contributor II

Can't upload configuration file

Jump to solution

Hello..

One of our NetVaunta 3430 routers appears to be failing. I'm going to swap it out with a our replacement unit. However, I can't get the replacement unit to accept the failing unit's configuration. When I upload the configuration (via the web interface), the system immediately takes me to a firmware update screen. I accept the defaults and reboot the unit, but once it comes back up, the old configuration file is still in place.

Any ideas on this would be most helpful.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emulator
New Contributor II

Re: Can't upload configuration file

Jump to solution

I found the problem as to why I was unable to log in via the console after updating the config file. There was a console password set that I was unaware of. I used the bootstrap mode to reset this password, and all is good now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
emulator
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Here's an update with a new problem...

I consoled into the unit and issued the erase startup-config to wipe the configuration.

I was then able to send the configuration file via hyper-term over xmodem. Everything appears fine, except now, I can't log into the unit without going through bootstrap mode. I've tried going into bootstrap mode and resetting the passwords, but the changes don't save. I can't log into the unit with the new configuration.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

emulator
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I found the problem as to why I was unable to log in via the console after updating the config file. There was a console password set that I was unaware of. I used the bootstrap mode to reset this password, and all is good now.

0 Kudos