7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 7:55 AM by evanh

Login Page not working/loading

crummett New Member

We have a wireless SSID setup for guests to use which has a login page attached to it.  However when you connect to the SSID it lets you straight onto the internet with no sign of any login page.  Any ideas?

• Re: Login Page not working/loading
          p.felsner New Member

hello,

which role is currently assigned to the ssid? please make sure that role "un-registered" is assigned. The un-registered role causes users to have their Internet traffic redirected to vWLAN for authentication. So you'll only get the portal if you use that role in your ssid configuration.

Or maybe you have the MAC-Adress from your test-client whitelisted..

crummett New Member

Hi,  thank you for your reply.

There was a role assigned to it which was the same as the SSID and the same as a Location (not sure who set this all up originally).  I did try to change the role to unregistered but it didnt seem to make any difference.  Do i need to push this change out? As when i go to admin tasks after making the role change, there is no task appearing to run.

Also do i assign internal users to the "guest" role?  Currently they are under the same role as the mentioned earlier...or does this have no affect on the issue?  The internal users can be made using different roles but the guest users seem to only be made using the same Role as mentioned earlier which seems odd.

evanh Employee

Mark,

When you make a role change like that, there should be an associated admin task to push it to the APs. The only time this won't be created when a change is made is when it only affects vWLAN's configuration, like Login pages and internal users. I would check that the change was made properly, but you could have pushed it out (possibly?) in a separate admin task as they will combine. You can also go to the Status->APs and search for "modified" to see if any APs show in that state.

Internal Users will need to be assigned whatever role you want them to eventually have. When they connect and input that internal user credential, they will get the associated role.

It might help us to clarify your exact requirements so that we can be sure we are giving you what you need. Are you attempting to use a single sign-on page? For instance, something that pops up and states your terms and conditions of wireless use and once they click OK they are connected to the internet?

Or are you looking to use a separate login for each user?

Thanks,

Evan

ADTRAN TSE

crummett New Member

Thanks Dj

I think the admin task side of things is okay.  The aim (and what was originally working) is that when you connect to the wireless, a page pops up asking for a login. The user then inputs the username and password we give them and is then allowed through to access the internet.  Currently it just connects to the wireless and freely allows access.  Up until it stopped working, we'd create, say, 100 users, give them to reception and thus give visitors a unique login.

evanh Employee

Mark,

As mentioned, you would want the SSID they connect to be assigned the Unregistered role. Make sure the login page you are using is assigned to that SSID.

You will create the users for this under Internal Authentication->Internal Users. Select their final role from there.

If doing that doesn't seem to help, there could be some other issue in the configuration. At that point I would suggest opening up a ticket with our technical support and we can take a look and get it settled for you. To open a ticket, visit www.adtran.com/openacase.

Thanks,

Evan

ADTRAN TSE