7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 1:34 PM by adtn99

Has anyone experienced a SCU card resetting HTUC cards with TA3000?

chuck_telalaska New Member

I have two HTUC cards that are being reset in a TA3000.  I'm suspect that the SCU card might be problem but not sure. I have to re-provision the cards every three to four hours to get them back online. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: Has anyone experienced a SCU card resetting HTUC cards with TA3000?
          adtn99 Employee

The TA3000 shelf is simply being used as an Office Repeater/HDSLx shelf?  Is the SCU P/N 1181018L3 unit?  Yes, changing the SCU is a good first step and we recommend P/N 1181018L3 unit.

The shelf is being used as Office Repeater/HDSLx. The current SCU card is a 1181017L1. The replacement SCU card is a 1181015L1. The HTUC cards are not being reset completely but being put out of service. At the far end there we have T1HD-ADTN cards. These are the 2 of 3 transpans we use for our GR-303 lines.  Any ideas why the cards are being put out of service?

adtn99 Employee

The SCU P/N 1181017L1 and 1181015L1 have been MD’d for quite awhile and you didn’t provide a P/N for the HDSLx so I’m not sure if there is a software issue causing the issue?  Are the  HDSLx  HTU-C Modules new installs or existing working circuits that just recently went into trouble?  If they are new installs one unit might have some issues that is causing noise on communications bus aka killer unit?  If they’ve been up and working and the issue is a recent development perhaps a new recently installed circuit Module is the killer unit?  If these scenarios don’t apply then I recommend you open a Tech Support Request by calling 888-423-8726.

Sorry for the late response. Where would I find the P/N for the HDSLx? Please bare with me for I am new to this. The two HTU-C cards have been in service for quite some time. And there hasn’t been any new installs either. The issues began last week on 3/10/16. Any other ideas or suggestions?

adtn99 Employee

The top of the HDSLx faceplate list the P/N 1181XXXX.  I’m puzzled the TA3000 shelf and HDSLx Modules have been in service and working without issue until last week and there hasn’t been any changes?  Is the shelf in question remotely managed via LAN/IP?  If so, is it possible changes are being made via the LAN/IP interface?  Access the HDSLx Modules and look for an event history menu option and select it.  This will list all activities that have been initiated with the module including your re-provisioning of the units.  Perhaps it will give us a clue as to what is happening.

The P/N is 1181106L1. There hasn’t been any changes or new service installs recently. The shelf is managed LAN/IP. The SCU card is a 1181017L1. I moved the services to slot 10 from slot 8 with a replacement HTU-C card this morning and has been up since. Slot 6 was the other HTU-C card that is acting up with Slot 8. I didn’t change anything with that card. The history events only go back as far as last night so there wasn’t really any good info there.

adtn99 Employee

Ok, try accessing all the other modules in the shelf.  If there are any that do not allow you to access them these could be the killer module causing the trouble.  If it is working circuit replace the Module during your next maintenance window.  If it isn’t a working circuit or a disconnected circuit simply remove the Module from the shelf and wait an appropriate amount of time to see if the trouble condition continues to occur at that point I recommend you open a Tech Support case 888-423-8726.