cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to add a new Audio Prompt. Error "Validation of Dail String Failure"

Jump to solution

Trying to add a new Audio Prompt. When I press "Save and Record", I get "Validation of Dial String Failure"

pastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to add a new Audio Prompt. Error "Validation of Dail String Failure"

Jump to solution

Dan, the system validates the number you're entering based on the dial plan. If you don't have an MXX entry, it won't validate. The simplest option would probably be to add a dial plan entry for 310 or 510, record the greetings, then remove the entry. That would only interfere with calls starting with those numbers for the duration the entry existed in the system. Thanks

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dan, what are you entering to dial? That error means that the number entered does not match an entry in the global dial plan. Thanks

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Trying to enter new audio prompts. It doesn't like it when entering 310 or 510 extensions. Does that mean that the primary dial plan under voice then dial plan needs to be there. To fix the problem with the fax machine that were having I had to remove the mxx and the mxxx and [1-8] xx and [1-8] xxx.  as we're as we're dialing a fax machine that goes through the fxs port it would stop at 3 digits and 4 digits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dan, the system validates the number you're entering based on the dial plan. If you don't have an MXX entry, it won't validate. The simplest option would probably be to add a dial plan entry for 310 or 510, record the greetings, then remove the entry. That would only interfere with calls starting with those numbers for the duration the entry existed in the system. Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I tested by adding the MXX, and it worked. Then I removed MXX and put in the Ext of the person who add's the Audio prompts and it worked also.

The only problem is if they enter Area Code 310 then it will call her extension. Removing it after would take care of the issue.