cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sschindler
New Contributor

SMDR Logs

Jump to solution

I'm forwarding our SMDR logs via the Syslog forwarding options. Can anyone tell me how often the log is sent from the 7100 to the syslog receiver? Is there a frequency that can be changed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SMDR Logs

Jump to solution

The SMDR records get pushed after every phone call to the external syslog server.

You can do a debug voice smdr to see the records being created.

Then after you place a call, you can do a show ip policy-sessions and you can see a session from the “self” policy class destined to the syslog server where it is sending the SMDR record.

More info on SMDR to external serve and locally can be found here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-5307

Hope that helps.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The SMDR records get pushed after every phone call to the external syslog server.

You can do a debug voice smdr to see the records being created.

Then after you place a call, you can do a show ip policy-sessions and you can see a session from the “self” policy class destined to the syslog server where it is sending the SMDR record.

More info on SMDR to external serve and locally can be found here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-5307

Hope that helps.

-Mark

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mark,

Thanks yes I finally figured that out. I was able to successfully forward the logs to an external server. I then wrote a little script that that reads and parses the log, then stores that into a mySQL database. Now some of our mgmt team can access the call logs via an intranet page I developed. You can mark this as answered. Thanks.

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Great! Thanks for the update.

-Mark

wav22
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hey sschindler would you mind sharing your script and setup?  I'm in need of a way to parse through these ridiculous logs the 7100 dumps and it sounds like you worked this out nicely.  Much appreciated.

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

I'm fairly new to the AdTran process here and I'm curious once you set up your forwarding to x ip address and you set it to local0 where do you find the logs on that server?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Erik,

It would depend on your syslog server. I would check their website and/or forums and see what they store the info.

-Mark