cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethanmullins
New Contributor

emergency outbound caller ID override

We have a customer who we've provided a PRI handoff with an Adtran 908e. Earlier this morning, a 911 call was placed on their PBX and their Emergency caller ID information wasn't setup. They sent an empty 'from' field to the carrier. Not only can 911 not locate them, but our carrier fines us severely as well.

I read up on AOS documentation to see if it was possible to remove this responsibility from the customer entirely. Just have the Adtran out-pulse the Emergency Caller ID number as the number that is registered for E911 with the carrier.

I've added "caller-id-override emergency-outbound <e911 number>" to the trunk that the PRI is connected to.

I wanted to make sure that I was understanding this correctly. With that placed on the trunk that their PRI is connected to, will the correct number out-pulse for E911? I want to make sure I'm not missing or misunderstanding anything before testing this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: emergency outbound caller ID override

Ethan,

What is your connection to the PSTN?

If it is sip, then you want to apply the command on the outbound interface. For example if your SIP trunk account is T01 and your e911 number is 256555444, then apply the following command:

(config)#voice trunk t01 type sip

(config-T01)#caller-id-override emergency-outbound 2565554444

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Mark

Re: emergency outbound caller ID override

Yep, it is sip and that is where i placed it. Thanks!