cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allowing inbound calls from many varying IPs/Domains on a single SIP Voice Trunk

Allowing inbound calls from multiple/many IPs/Domains on a single SIP Voice Trunk.

It is easy enough to allow/restrict SIP traffic via ACLs, however....  I have a carrier that has about 100 IPs (all in the same class C) that their SIP traffic may originate from, and their INVITEs reflect their source IP (not a domain.)  I believe that the body of the INVITES for traffic inbound toward a TA900 typically should contain the "sip-server," but in this case that could be one of 100+ IPs.  How can we get the TA900 to allow inbound traffic from any of their 100+ trusted IPs?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Allowing inbound calls from many varying IPs/Domains on a single SIP Voice Trunk

The ADTRAN can only receive SIP traffic from the configured SIP servers on the voice trunk. We will allow RTP traffic to come in from different IPs and we do that automatically by examining the SDP and opening that port in the firewall.

Your firewall access policy should only need to allow sip traffic (UDP 5060 by default) from the configured SIP server IPs.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

-Mark