5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2017 8:50 AM by patrick

Switching from Primary PRI to Backup, Losing The Substitution Template

vjoukov New Member

We are an alarm company and use the PRI to transmit alarm signals to a receiver. When we switch from one ISP to our back up ISP

our ADTRAN doesn't send the right DNIS to the receiver;the Substitution Template is correct and works fine with our primary ISP.)

instead of sending the correct DNIS it sends only one DNIS (which doesn't exist in the template) and it looks like the last 4 digit of the

ISP pilot phone# for this PRI...

So the question is - is there any place in Adtran programing where I have "to enable" the alternate pilot

phone# and associate it with the existing Substitution Template?

Has anyone run into this problem before?

Thanks.

• Re: Switching from Primary PRI to Backup, Losing The Substitution Template
          jayh Hall_of_Fame

How are the calls coming in to you? Via SIP or via PRI?

How are the calls being delivered to the alarm receiver? Via SIP or PRI?

patrick Employee

The substitution template is under the DIAL PLAN and then in the USER TERM, just past the IFCE CONFIG (so it is off-screen when you first look at the USER TERM entries).

You should see the DNIS ORIG # and DNIS SUBST # in here. To add a new entry you highlight one of the line numbers (under the "#") and hit the letter "i" for INSERT. So the ORIGINAL will be the number that is coming in on the PRI, and the SUBSTITUTE is whatever you need it to be when it is sent out to the alarm receiver.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

vjoukov New Member

Hi Patrick, thanks for replying.

It is not a problem for me to add the new SUBSTITUTE entry. The problem is: when I switch my PRI from primary ISP to backup all the calls are coming (I can see all of them by the phone## on my SG System III receiver as a blocked), but the SUBSTITUTE doesn't work for all these calls. All of them come with the one DNIS (the only one DNIS for all the incoming calls) not existing in my SUBSTITUTE!

All the same (except the ISP Provider) but it works for the primary and doesn't for the backup....

patrick Employee

There is nothing that can be done in the ATLAS if all the calls that come from the "backup" provider use the same DNIS. That is handled by the provider. The ATLAS can't change the inbound call it receives.

Under the SYSTEM CONFIG and in EVENT LOGGING, set the ISDN EVENTS to INFO. (If you are familiar with ISDN L2-Formatted messages, and have it set up to send events to a syslog server, you can set these to INFO as well, but they are very verbose so without a syslog server you won't be able to view more than one call at a time in the log.) Then monitor the inbound calls under SYSTEM STATUS in the EVENT LOG. You should see "Call to Atlas:" followed by the the DNIS digits we receive. This is what is sent in the SETUP message. If it is wrong, then you need to discuss this with the provider.