Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin231
New Contributor

TA 624 Compatible Analog Phone Sets

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am currently having issues with analog phones that are punched down to the TA 624 110 block. The phone model is 250000-vba-20m. The phone will not ring. I can tell it is trying to ring, but doesn't seem to have enough power to ring the mechanical ringer. A phone with an electric ringer works just fine. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the power or any other troubleshooting that can be done on the TA 624. I'm hoping I don't have to buy all new phones. Any information would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TA 624 Compatible Analog Phone Sets

Jump to solution

Kevin,

Yes, the ring voltage can be adjusted. If you go under INTERFACES and then FXS and go into CONFIG. Under CONFIG you can scroll to the right and the last menu option before TANDEM is the RING VOLTAGE. The default is 50 Vrms, but it can be adjusted up to 70 Vrms.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Kevin,

Yes, the ring voltage can be adjusted. If you go under INTERFACES and then FXS and go into CONFIG. Under CONFIG you can scroll to the right and the last menu option before TANDEM is the RING VOLTAGE. The default is 50 Vrms, but it can be adjusted up to 70 Vrms.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

Thanks so much for this information! Initial testing is looking good. You saved me some money and lots of time. Really appreciate it!

-Kevin