cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gilbert_aispuro
New Contributor II

need assistance with configuring sFlow and sending info to an external monitoring tool.

Jump to solution

Currently I have followed the instructions which had me enter the following commands and still no luck:

ip flow export destination 192.168.x.x 6343  (this is pointing to the external tool collector and port 6343)

ip flow export template timeout-rate 5

ip flow cache timeout active 1

and

interface gigabit-eth 0/1

description Customer LAN

encapsulation 802.1q

no shutdown

!

!

interface gigabit-eth 0/1.1

description DATA

vlan-id 10

ip address  192.168.x.1  255.255.255.0

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

no shutdown

!

Is there anything else I'm missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: need assistance with configuring sFlow and sending info to an external monitoring tool.

Jump to solution

Okay, I figured it out. I configured the port for sFlow (6343) instead of NetFlow (2055) and "ip ffe" needs to be configured on the interface

Seems the Total Access 908e routers, NetVanta 5600 routers and all other Adtran routers only support NetFlow and not sFlow.

EDIT (Working Config):

ip flow export destination 192.168.x.x 2055 source gig 0/5.1 (I am sourcing only on the WAN interface so I can exclude internal traffic)

int gig 0/5.1

ip ffe (must be entered in order for this to work. If you do a sho run, it will not be shown but if you do a "sho ip ffe" then you'll see it's enabled.)

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

This is a good posting just in case any one else wonders.

BTW I am using LogicMonitor as my external source.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: need assistance with configuring sFlow and sending info to an external monitoring tool.

Jump to solution

Okay, I figured it out. I configured the port for sFlow (6343) instead of NetFlow (2055) and "ip ffe" needs to be configured on the interface

Seems the Total Access 908e routers, NetVanta 5600 routers and all other Adtran routers only support NetFlow and not sFlow.

EDIT (Working Config):

ip flow export destination 192.168.x.x 2055 source gig 0/5.1 (I am sourcing only on the WAN interface so I can exclude internal traffic)

int gig 0/5.1

ip ffe (must be entered in order for this to work. If you do a sho run, it will not be shown but if you do a "sho ip ffe" then you'll see it's enabled.)

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

This is a good posting just in case any one else wonders.

BTW I am using LogicMonitor as my external source.

0 Kudos