cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blue_waves
New Contributor

NetVanta 1534 - Monitor Sessions / Port Mirroring a range of ports CLI for gigabit ports not working

Hi,

Trying to implement and use Port Mirroring on a NetVanta 1534 switch (NetVanta 1534 (1702590G1)).  So I attempted to use the Monitor Sessions CLI command to configure a range of contiguous gigabit switch ports.  However, the CLI command will not work and reports the following error message (complains): "%'0/2-5" is not a valid interface identifier."

The CLI command that I am using is the following:-

(config)#      monitor session 1 source interface gigabit-switchport 0/2-5

The above command does not work.

However, if I enter the same command as a single port it works.  So to do a range of ports I basically after repeat the same individual command for each switchport.  So I have to enter the following on each line.

(config)#      monitor session 1 source interface gigabit-switchport 0/2

(config)#      monitor session 1 source interface gigabit-switchport 0/3

(config)#      monitor session 1 source interface gigabit-switchport 0/4

(config)#      monitor session 1 source interface gigabit-switchport 0/5

The above command works for a range of ports to port mirror.

The AOS reference manual and other examples shows that it a range of contiguous ports can work, but these examples are just using the ethernet interface and not the gigabit-switchport command.  For example, in Adtran's own documentation (Configuring Port Mirroring in AOS.pdf) https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2291 it gives the following example:-

monitor session 1 source interface ethernet 0/1-4

For ease of reference I have extracted below a copy of the paragraph that explains the use and provides an example of the monitor sessions command:-

"interface <interface> - Specifies an interface in the format <interface type [slot/port | slot/port.sub-interface id | interface id | interface id.sub-interface id]>. For example, for an Ethernet interface, use eth 0/1. Type monitor session <number> [destination | source] interface ? for a complete list of valid interfaces. It is possible to monitor multiple source ports at the same time. To do this, state the range (if they are contiguous): monitor session 1 source interface ethernet 0/1-4 "

What am I missing or doing wrong for the NetVanta 1534 switches and the Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces, port mirroring and doing a range of ports?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos