cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TA924e connected directly to SIP trunk provider

Jump to solution

We are trying to configure a TA924e to connect to a SIP trunk provider SIPStation through internet connection so it can provide a few analog lines (trunk lines) for our legacy PBX (Mitel).

We specifically want to have analog trunks for it provided by the Adtran connected to the SIP provider.

We configure the trunk account pointed to sipstation fqdn.

Add the trunk into the trunk group with the $ to pass all digits to sipstation.

We then configure a user account on SFP 0/1.

Then add a sip identity for that account.

The problem is, for some reason, when we try to enter any name we want for the sip identity field, sipstation treats that field as the username for their trunk authentication. That is why we can't authenticate more than one FXS ports to one sipstation trunk.

Flowroute on the other hand, allows us to put anything in the sip identity field, letting us have as many FSX ports registered to it as we want.

For example:

SIP Identity: username of sipstation trunk (here I have to enter sipstation username becasue for some reason sipstation does not allow to enter any name we want for that identity, which limits us to only being able to add one FXS port because Adtran would not allow more than one sip identity field to be the same. With flowroute we are able to enter any name for this field and the username and pasword go in the next fields below, and all FSX ports are able to authenticate with no problem.)

Trunk Authentication: again username of sipstation trunk (and here goes the username and password)

Is there any way to use one trunk registration and point all FXS ports to it instead of having to authenticate is FXS ports with a unique sip identity?

How can we authenticate multiple FSX ports with one sip trunk if I can only use the credentials once?

The problem with sipstation is that it treats the SIP Identity field as the username to authenticate. That is why we can't put a unique name in that field.

I hope I was able to explain this issue.

Looking forward for your guys help!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TA924e connected directly to SIP trunk provider

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your guys insights. Helped a lot!

We were able to register a trunk and then when adding FSX ports, you don't need to add sip identities in each port.

FXS port can just use the trunk configured to dial out. And that also enables us to use the caller id override feature on each port without a problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi acoolov,

You can't re-use the same SIP identity on FXS ports in Adtran. This is by design.

Instead of trying to register your voice users, try registering your voice trunk, then using sip-identity on the voice users to tell SIP Station which user is making the call.

Here's a bare-bone config, using 1002003000 as your main SIPstation trunk pilot user, and 1002003002 as voice user on that trunk:

voice trunk T01 type sip *

register 1002003000

domain sipstationTrunkDomain.com

authentication username SipStationTrunkISIPAuthUser password SipStationTrunkSIPAuthPassword

voice user 1002003002

connect fxs 0/1

sip-identity 1002003002 T01

When running "show sip t" from the privileged mode you should see just 1 registration. When calls go out from each user they will use the trunk's registration.

Please let me know if this solved your issue. If not, post the copy of your voice trunk and one of the voice users (be sure to remove any DID or password details).

Thanks,

Yan.

P.S. * - I'm omitting the registrar, sip-server or outbound-proxy lines from the voice-trunk, as I'm not familiar with SIP Station trunks. Your configuration should have those lines to be able to register.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The problem is, SIPstation treats that number that I put in the trunk 1002003000 as sipauthusername.

Same with the extension sip identity, with SIP station I cannot put an extension number I want in the sip identity field, SIP station treats that field as username to authenticate although the username and password are right below that field.

Is this a problem with sip station?

With flowroute, I am able to put any extension number I want in the sip identity field, and then just use the flowroute credentials below in the user and password fields and it works with no problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi again,

Sorry, but I'm not understanding your last update. Can you PM me the current voice trunk and one of the voice users config, along with your SIP trace showing your registration and an outbound call attempt, or post it here with the personal details removed?

From a technical standpoint, what you're asking is quite doable - use a single registration on voice trunk and send calls from all FXS users using the same caller ID. Without looking at config / SIP signaling it's hard for me to tell you what's amiss in the configuration.

Also, you didn't mention inbound calls. Are all those going to come in on the same caller ID then hunt down available FXS users or are they going to be sent to individual DIDs, which will need to be sent to specific users (FXS ports)?

Regards,
Yan.

Jump to solution

This is how we register with our Sip trunks, as we are the provider this might make it easier for us however we have many of these out with our customers.

voice trunk T01 type sip

description "Sip Trunk"

sip-server primary "IP address or FQDN"

sip-server secondary "IP address or FQDN"

registrar threshold absolute 5

domain "sip trunk name given by the provider"

max-number-calls 10

register "user name or register name what ever your provider calls it" auth-name "user name or register name what ever your provider calls it" password "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

authentication username "user name or register name what ever your provider calls it" password "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

For Example

voice trunk T01 type sip

description "Sip Trunk"

sip-server primary voipserver1.com

sip-server secondary voipserver2.com

domain "TacosBells"

max-number-calls 10

register TrunkOne auth-name "TrunkOne" password "789654123"

authentication username "TrunkOne" password "789654123"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help guys.

I was able to register a trunk and then have multiple FSX ports call out on that trunk without having to register every FXS individually. But only with Flowroute it worked.

With SIP station however, I cannot make it work.

Again, just want to clarify when the trunk is all registered and ready, I create an FSX user account, then in the VoIP settings of that extension I add SIP identity.

That section consists of a few pieces of information:

SIP Identity: here I put a phone number which is then shown as an outbound called id

Associated SIP Trunk: I choose the trunk to use for that extension

Trunk Authentication: here I put the username and password if I want this extension to be registered individually, otherwise, I leave them not set since the trunk I am using is already registered.

This setup works with flowroute sip provider. With SIP station it does not work, because SIP station treats that SIP Identity field as authentication username to register to its sip server. I would not work if you put anything else in that field other than SIP station username. Is that SIP station issue? The provider's website is SIPstation.com.

Am i using a wrong SIP provider? What provider would you guys suggest to use that has unlimited trunks that are low cost? Not a per minute charge.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is the setup I have on my CPE which allows me to register once and send calls from 2 FXS ports out to the world under the same caller ID:

!

sip

sip udp 5060

!

voice feature-mode network

voice forward-mode network

!

voice dial-plan 1 local NXX-XXXX

voice dial-plan 2 long-distance 1-NXX-NXX-XXXX

!

voice codec-list VOICE

codec g729

codec g711ulaw

!

voice trunk T01 type sip

sip-server primary ******.com

registrar max-concurrent-reg 5

outbound-proxy primary obproxy.******.com

domain "******.com"

register 7*******0

codec-list VOICE both

trunk-group-id 7*******0 ******domain.com

authentication username "7*******0" password encrypted "*******************HASH***HERE********************************"

!

!-- for outbound calls

voice grouped-trunk NETWORK

description "To SIP Network"

trunk T01

accept $ cost 0

!

!

voice user 301

connect fxs 0/1

no cos

password encrypted "*******************HASH***HERE********************************"

caller-id-override external-number 7*******0

sip-authentication password encrypted "*******************HASH***HERE********************************"

codec-list VOICE

!

voice user 302

connect fxs 0/2

no cos

password encrypted "*******************HASH***HERE********************************"

caller-id-override external-number 7*******0

sip-authentication password encrypted "*******************HASH***HERE********************************"

codec-list VOICE

!

!--for inbound calls

voice ring-group 7027196760 

type linear

member 301

login-member 301

member 302

login-member 302

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your guys insights. Helped a lot!

We were able to register a trunk and then when adding FSX ports, you don't need to add sip identities in each port.

FXS port can just use the trunk configured to dial out. And that also enables us to use the caller id override feature on each port without a problem.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Excellent! Glad you got this working and thanks for the update.

Cheers,

Yan